Smoked pork chops are a favorite in our family because they are super easy and delicious! This dish can be assembled in 5 minutes and then you can set it and forget it while it bakes!
Dad’s Smoked Pork Chops with Chili Sauce
This was something that Stacey’s dad came up with one evening while I was at school. When the kids were little, I was working on my graduate degree and their dad would make the dinner on my school night.
This recipe was his specialty. Because it was so great, I continued making it myself for the family. It’s something you can put together in five minutes and then let it cook, while you fix a couple of vegetables or just relax after a day at work.
The ingredients are easy to keep on hand for a quick dinner. This is a delicious dinner that can be assembled in 5 minutes flat. It bakes for an hour without any more effort on your part.
What could be better than that?
Related: For another one of our favorite pork recipes, try our garlic pork loin roast too!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
What you need for this recipe:
This recipe has just four ingredients—you don’t even have to add salt, pepper, or oil. It’s so easy and it tastes amazing.
- Smoked pork chops –– not the same as regular pork chops (see notes below)
- Heinz chili sauce — One bottle of Heinz chili sauce will cover about 6 smoked pork chops. I’ve always used Heinz. To tell the truth, I don’t know if there IS any other kind of chili sauce!
- Green bell peppers — Sliced
- Sweet yellow onions — Sliced
Kitchen Tools Used
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan — You can use any kind of baking pan but make sure it has sides because the chops and vegetables will release some liquid.
What is the difference between regular and smoked pork chops?
This recipe uses smoked pork chops. These are already cooked and are not the same as regular pork chops.
You can find smoked pork chops in the meat department and they keep for a while in the fridge.
They have their own unique taste, somewhere between a regular pork chop and ham. They are really tender and flavorful too.
How to Cook Smoked Pork Chops
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Prep your veggies by slicing a green pepper and a sweet onion into medium slices.
Arrange the smoked pork chops in the bottom of the pan, without overlapping.
On top of each, put a couple of slices of green pepper and a couple of slices of onion.
Divide the chili sauce among each of the chops, as evenly as possible. One bottle is good for about 6 chops.
Cover the whole pan with foil and bake for one hour.
Lift pork chops and vegetables out of the juice and serve!
Can I Use Other Vegetables?
I like lots of sliced onion and green pepper, but this can be customized to your family. If someone doesn’t like as many, just use a little for flavor.
My kids didn’t love the peppers and onions back in the day, but I still cooked the chops with them. To serve, I would take all the toppings off of theirs. More goodies for me!
What should I serve my chops with?
These pork chops taste great with any kind of potato, especially mashed or baked. I love this recipe for crock pot mashed potatoes — super easy!
This dish would be amazing with homemade dinner rolls too, perfect to soak up all that yummy sauce!
Smoked Pork Chops Recipe (Printable Copy)
Dad's Smoked Pork Chops with Chili Sauce
- Baking pan such as 9 X 13 lasagna or cake pan
- 6 smoked pork chops
- 1 bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1-2 onions sliced medium
- 1-2 green peppers sliced medium
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice a green pepper and a sweet onion.
- Lay the smoked pork chops in the pan in one layer.
- Divide the chili sauce between the smoked pork chops. One bottle is good for about 6 chops.
- On each smoked pork chop, put a couple of slices of green pepper and a couple of slices of onion.
- Cover the whole pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
Pin this recipe:
You might also like: